Valuing our Volunteers
Like all charitable organisations we value our volunteers greatly, we appreciate the time, energy and dedication given by those who share our vision and passion.
If you were to ask some of the staff and students at Dance Voice it would not be unusual to hear stories of starting off as a volunteer. However we do not expect all volunteers to follow this path, our organisation thrives on people working in all capacities and enjoying all the different aspects of Dance Voice life.
Whether you would like to be a long term volunteer or you have a skill you can share with us as a one off, or you could be part of our back stage or front of house team at our annual performance we would love to hear from you.
- Supporting our dance movement psychotherapy sessions for adults with learning difficulties (these places are limited)
- Supporting our Table Top art session for adults with Learning Difficulties
- Handy man/woman, we are always in need of work around the buildings
- Kitchen assistant (our dancers are always in need of a cup of tea)
- Helping back stage or front of house at our annual performance
- Do you have a skill that we would benefit from?
- Supporting fundraising events
‘I applied to volunteer with Dance Voice in the year 2000, not having any knowledge of what the role entailed, as I had never worked with my chosen client group before, and definitely not knowing what Dance Therapy meant. I was met with enthusiasm from all the team, who have always been pleased to see me and appreciative of my input. The client group are always happy to see me, especially if I have missed a week or two, making me feel really pleased that I come along every Friday. It is so lovely to work with the group, collectively and individually, really making me smile when you see a client achieve something new, observe anything from a smile, occasionally a sadness which one can m, to a new gesture, expressing themselves in their own personal style. It is so rewarding to see the clients growing in confidence and cheerfulness,, knowing that in some small way I am contributing to that. I am invited by the staff to partake in the annual public Showcase performance, and any other event which could assist them in some small way, I am always pleased to be included’.